Welcome!   Please Login or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Madden 16 hands-on @ E3
DB Daved Offline

Madden 16 hands-on @ E3
Got a chance to play this @ E3 a back in June and meet a few of the devs, took some photos etc.

Although i'm not a fan of MUT the Draft Champions mode was pretty cool. My team of randoms had a higher team rating than the guy I was playing against at the booth but it was still a pretty close game. It was interesting trying to prioritise your units when drafting because you never knew who was coming up next.
One example of where my roster got loaded is where I had Cam Newton & Flacco as my QBs.

Gameplays wise the new WR/DB interactions were sick. You have a short amount of time pressing the appropriate button as a WR to go up for a possession type catch or a more flashy catch, and as a DB likewise in pressing the appropriate button for an aggressive play on the ball or a conservative tackle/bat down.
I played against the CPU Lions as the Ravens & it was cool seeing the CPU controlled Stafford lob a deep ball to Megatron in single coverage against my shorter corner, and then see Megatron use his greater height and catching radius to get to the ball.
Another cool animation I noticed was running with Forsett and seeing him do a half turn and take a running lane in a sideways to backwards stumbling run as he was shaping himself through the gap.
QB dropbacks are more realistic, with no stupid bullet passes off the back foot, and if you do throw off the backfoot almost always picked off.

Defensive playbooks have some new plays which was encouraging to see.

Almost 2 months until the game comes out but overall things look promising. A few things still needing improvement, such as receivers warping to the ball.
Graphically looks a bit better as well.

Any questions feel free to ask
02-08-2015 12:15 AM
Find Quote
dsd Offline

San Diego Chargers
RE: Madden 16 hands-on @ E3
nice DB daved...the catch interactions will be interesting...looking forward to this madden

@ applaps: dsd im sorry for saying ud like coconut chips(2:40pm)
03-08-2015 07:26 AM
Find Quote
applaps Offline
M17 Panthers Owner

Dallas Cowboys
Nice review! I jus hope it doesnt mean every cb shorted than a wr will get beat..

[Image: zudVmNm.png]

"@ Jake: if my family went overseas without phones for 2 years i would be fine cos i love this league more(9:46am)"

"@ dsd: hes calling you out bro"

"@ ArtMonk: why are you shittin on the falcs so hard"
"@ ArtMonk: this is a premeditated attack"
03-08-2015 01:14 PM
Find Quote
Matt Offline

Chicago Bears
"I played against the CPU Lions as the Ravens & it was cool seeing the CPU controlled Stafford lob a deep ball to Megatron in single coverage against my shorter corner, and then see Megatron use his greater height and catching radius to get to the ball."
Uhhh wasn't that what we hated most about M15? Megatron, Braxton fuckin Hendrix, Jesus Gayton, Emmanuel Brown fml.
03-08-2015 07:29 PM
Find Quote
DB Daved Offline

Matt Madden 15 was known for not being able to throw a true lob deep ball and the DB generally most of the time was always in position being able recover too well when there was separation, & irregardless of height the DB generally won the ball (& there was no contesting animations).
I was playing on All-Pro on the M16 demo & it was on the one play I had single man on Megatron that the AI took advantage. Every other attempt I made to double cover him with safety help over the top. IMO that was a realistic matchup.

Of note Stafford did throw some deep balls that were overthrown, & the one time I had a Cover 3 zone over Megatron the corner over him did manage to bat it down.
05-08-2015 11:56 PM
Find Quote
applaps Offline
M17 Panthers Owner

Dallas Cowboys
My experience was that in Madden 15 there was no consistency... I found equally that DBs would outjump beats wr like Dez, who wouldnt even contest the ball, or some dish WR like Megatron or some of ACs/Brettys/Zimmers monsters would jus be garunteed a catch everytime someone threw them a deep ball...

I jus really hope its more of a contest... Like in real life if a ball isnt really catchable for a wr, hes going to still do his best to make it uncatchable for the db, try get his hands in there or something... Where as in madden 15 if the wr couldnt catch it hed jus chill out..

[Image: zudVmNm.png]

"@ Jake: if my family went overseas without phones for 2 years i would be fine cos i love this league more(9:46am)"

"@ dsd: hes calling you out bro"

"@ ArtMonk: why are you shittin on the falcs so hard"
"@ ArtMonk: this is a premeditated attack"
10-08-2015 04:00 PM
Find Quote
DB Daved Offline

There is more of a contest apps. I saw on a few occasions DBs getting their hands in between receivers hands and batting the ball away or making the catch harder
16-08-2015 01:29 PM
Find Quote