Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
OZI NFL League/Game Rules
Goffy Offline
OziNFL commissioner

Arizona Cardinals
OZI NFL League/Game Rules
Game Scheduling:

We aren't strict on game scheduling, but expect members to play at least 1 game a week to ensure the league flows smoothly. Leagues are set to advances on Sundays(unless done earlier) but we are flexible.

* This is a SIM league, efforts should be made to emulate what we see on NFL Sunday. We expect all owners to refrain from exploiting weaknesses in the game that causes unfair advantages over your opponent.

* Mix up your plays & player statistics. Avoid running the same exact play out of the same formation continuously every game. Your WR/TE may be the best in the league, but you shouldn't throw to him 15+ times a game. You will have more success and fun by mixing up your play calling.

* Sportsmanship - Play with class, if you are up by 21+ points in 4th quarter, play to end the game, not run up the score. Remember, this is video game, we are all competitive, we all want to win, and we all take this seriously. But at the end of the day, this is just a video game and a hobby for us. So, regardless of what happens on the field, please treat league members with mutual respect. Racking up Huge scores will not be looked upon well.

* This league supports realistic decision making on 4th down. Most 4th downs will involve a punt or a FG attempt. These are examples of realistic situations where leaving the offense on the field for 4th down is acceptable:

1. If you are trailing late in the game and at risk of running out of time.
2. When you are 4th and short (<2yds) in your opponents territory, but out of your field goal kicker's range.
3. Anytime you are down by 4 possessions or more.

* This league expects you to Kick the Field Goal on most 4th downs when in field goal range. If you are in field goal range you should kick the field goal, unless you are in a situation where a FG will not be good enough for the win.

* This league expects you to Punt on most 4th downs. If you need to score on all remaining possessions to tie or win in the time remaining, you should go for it or can fake the punt in effort to tie or win the game.

* No Constantly going for 2 pnt conversions unless the situation calls for it ie down by 2 or 5 points after a touchdown..

* Onside Kicks are allowed when you need to score on each remaining possession to tie or win. Surprise onside kicks are never allowed for any reason.

CPU Games

* We expect you to play CPU games no different then if your opponent were human. This means if you get up big you run the ball.
We expect to see a good balance of run/pass. No stats padding by using the same players for receiving etc to break league game records. Any violation of these rules will be handled no differently then if you were playing a human.

* Basically play the game as its played in real life.

* If you are going away for a few days you MUST put your team into Auto mode which will not hold up the game for everyone else..

* No abusing members

* Most of all HAVE FUN. We are not a serious league like others, just a bunch of Aussies who want to play an online league with other Aussies HOWEVER Complaints and disagreements are inevitable. Any Complaints or disagreements should be made known to Brendon(Goffyb-PSN) or (Goffy) through this forum.

Other Rules will be stipulated in individual Leagues.. If you join a League, we expect you have read the rules and understood them, so the "I didnt know" excuse will not be accepted.
07-08-2013 09:38 AM
Find
Speedy Offline

Cincinnati Bengals
RE: OZI NFL League/Game Rules
Just wondering if I could get some feedback on a couple of play calls I made in my game tonight about whether they are within the rules/spirit of this league.

First play is about 30 secs to go in 2nd Qtr, I'm down by 4 (I kicked a 19? yd field goal on a 4th and 1 earlier) and will be returning at the start of the 3rd qtr. It is 4th and goal on the 1 yd line, I go for it - part of the thinking that went into this was I would still be down with a FG, I'm getting the ball at the start of the 3rd qtr, if I fail to convert my opponent has 99 yds to go with only 30 secs on the clock, and my opponent's kick returner had earlier broken a large 60-70 yard return.

Second play early 4th qtr I just scored a TD which gave me a 5 pt lead - I go for 2. This play effectively won the game for me as my opponent scored a TD in the final 20 seconds and failed to convert his 2pt attempt leaving me with a 1 pt victory.

Personally I think both calls are ok even though they are not specifically listed within the league rules (and my opponent made no objection to them), I certainly would not be surprised if the Bengals coaching staff called either one on gameday - certainly seen them call a lot worse. Wink
(This post was last modified: 06-10-2013 01:34 AM by Speedy.)
06-10-2013 01:32 AM
Find
Goffy Offline
OziNFL commissioner

Arizona Cardinals
RE: OZI NFL League/Game Rules
Speedy. I have no issue with either..

The first one is a matter of opinion... Some would go for it, others would take the 3 and get the ball back in the 3rd, but either way Im not against either option especially being 4th & 1.

The 2nd one i would expect ALOT of people to do the same, Ive done it before, up by 5 and go for the 2 to make it 7.. Id expect a few in the NFL to do the same..
06-10-2013 04:51 AM
Find