Welcome!   Please Login or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Regression Discussion
Star-lord11 Offline

Regression Discussion
Gents,

The admin team have been hard at work reviewing information that continues to drop regarding CFM. Something we have been keeping a close eye on is regression. I think most of you will agree that the current system for madden 17 is broken. As it stands, regression starts at 29 and attiributes go down at a rate of -2 per season (starting with physical attributes, than skill based ones a year or two later).

All the information from the game changer videos/podcasts we have seen point to regression being basically the same this madden. The only info to suggest otherwise is from the official madden CFM blog which states "we adjusted regression points so they are introduced more slowly over time".

Madden 18 has changed speed regression due to age for HB, WR and CB. Any player 90 and above will not regress below 90 and those below 90 will maintain their speed. Players will still lose accel, agil etc and can lose speed due to other factors, such as injury.

Whilst the bandaid solution to fix speed at those positions will help, safeties, LBs and TE's etc will still get raped by regression.

The admin team has discussed the possibility of manually changing regression if the system is the same as madden 17 to make 28> relevant for multiple seasons.

A potential way we could fix regression is:

We delay regression till 30 instead of 29 and have that first year of regression as -1 instead of - 2 for attributes that regress. Players 31 and onwards we just follow the current regression system.

Even if we did this, QBs THP still regresses at a detrimental rate and is a major issue. If you look around the NFL, the better QBs are the older guys and in madden most of the 35+ year old QBs still maintain around a 90 THP. The fact QBs lose THP at 29 is dumb and my view is we delay THP regression till 32/33 as it is impossible to retain a decent THP for QBs 29 and older as we complete multiple seasons.

This is a Great article to show how regression in QBs is broken: https://deepdivegaming.com/madden-17-hat...6db555a603

Smiths has suggested we move safeties to CB before season ends to limit their speed regression also. For some reason they were excluded from the speed cap, which is odd. So that's something we could look st also.

Please discuss below your views on regression. We will naturally LAB regression once the game drops and we won't know for sure whether it's still completely broken till we do.

However it's good to get a head start now and we can poll everyone to see if people want any changes if there are obvious issues to regression that we find when the game drops.
14-08-2017 10:21 AM
Find
Bretty Offline
M18 New England Patriots

New England Patriots
RE: Regression Discussion
The Aim for all of this is to have an enjoyable experience over the projected 4x seasons we are playing for.

100% back the prevention of Regression of the Throw Pwr of QBs, its just ridiculous. 35+ QBs still have good arms.

Another option for Safeties Speed would be to manually limit safeties to a speed of 86 or 87, Less than CBs but stiil capped.

TE's LB's RBs, DEs all play positions that wear down players & their physical attributes at 30+ so there should be some of that reflected but definitely need to limit / cap it a bit more to reflect Real Life

This is great to get this convo happening, nothing is decided until we know 100% how the new CFM system will work

Gridiron
(This post was last modified: 14-08-2017 10:46 AM by Bretty.)
14-08-2017 10:46 AM
Find
dperry16 Offline

Would it effect young QB's coming through at all? As in dudes may prefer older QB's as opposed to working on young QB's....may be a dumb question as I don't know much about this stuff. This may also be completely unrelated to what you are discussing!!
(This post was last modified: 14-08-2017 11:02 AM by dperry16.)
14-08-2017 11:02 AM
Find
Star-lord11 Offline

Young talent will still be extremely valuable. Can develop how you want and cheap contracts. But if we limit THP regression the marginal young guys won't be as attractive.
(This post was last modified: 14-08-2017 11:08 AM by Star-lord11.)
14-08-2017 11:07 AM
Find
smiths Offline

Philadelphia Eagles
Qbs are good 35+ because they are vets and know how to read the field. To suggest their arms are still as strong as in their prime is a big call.

Whatever happens maybe cap thp regression to like 88? Thats the lowest possible number i can see a QB being servicable.
14-08-2017 11:55 AM
Find
Speedy Offline

Cincinnati Bengals
Also people with a decent QB in the 29-34 age range are going to be less likely to want to draft a QB in 1st round of 1st draft, so there should be more prospects available for those that have horrible QB's like Flacco.

On a slightly different regression related topic, will the league be continuing the practice of resetting the bad/losing game regression during the season?
(This post was last modified: 14-08-2017 11:57 AM by Speedy.)
14-08-2017 11:55 AM
Find
dperry16 Offline

That's a good point Speedy. It's tough to standardise regression though-dudes drop off at different speeds in real life too, but at the same time it does suck that guys start regressing so early as well. I'm seeing both sides to this.
14-08-2017 12:04 PM
Find
Barnzy Offline

Denver Broncos
That is a good idea. The fact elite players in madden are pretty much unusable by the time they regress to 30 yrs of age is stupid. Most top players in real life are still very good to great then and are only falling off a cliff by 32, 33 years.

So basically just fixing something that should already be in the game. Much more realistic.
(This post was last modified: 14-08-2017 12:21 PM by Barnzy.)
14-08-2017 12:19 PM
Find
Star-lord11 Offline

No doubt by that age they are regressing smiths. Hence my suggestion of 32/33 regression. I made that point as madden has heaps of 35 year olds with still good THP, yet it's not possible to recreate that with the regression system. I don't mind a cap at like 88 also for THP.

Speedy the poor performance regression will likely continue to be reset as to not continue to punish users who are already struggling.

There's no concrete way to set regression, but delaying it a year and lessening impact on certain attributes like THP that do not realistically regress is a step in the right direction IMO.
14-08-2017 12:20 PM
Find
Zimmers Offline
Posting Freak

Cincinnati Bengals
I will trust that admin make the right call, whatever can benefit the league I am behind. #trusttheprocess
14-08-2017 12:37 PM
Find