Welcome!   Please Login or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Regression Discussion
eliteblackmamba Offline

RE: Regression Discussion
Im all for looking at regression upon release.

I would advise against position changes however as that can get messy even if its just before off-season.

We should cap safety regession at like 83 speed. If they are lower then cap it at whatever speed they were on. Safties arent as quick as CB's and should lose some pace IMO.

Need a deep look when game drops though.
14-08-2017 01:55 PM
Find
Jake Offline

Green Bay Packers
I like Smiths THP idea. Hard cap it at a number like 88 for older guys?

@ Tezza: Just arrived at Byrin bay and wife found the PS4 in my luggage- cracked the shits(4:35pm)
14-08-2017 05:36 PM
Find
Star-lord11 Offline

https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLuPadr...p3B9WR2nQM

CFM Podcast
(This post was last modified: 15-08-2017 01:04 PM by Star-lord11.)
15-08-2017 01:04 PM
Find
Marty Offline

New York Jets
The regression talk starts at 36:30
15-08-2017 02:01 PM
Find
Star-lord11 Offline

Okay so this is what I took from regression conversation. Tell me if I'm wrong Marty.

In madden 17 there was a regression point system. You acrued regression points based on age, performance and development type. Last madden you acrued these points at a young age and didn't "spend them" till you hit the age 29 season. This is why there was a sharp ongoing decline of -2 instead of slower more natural decline.

They didn't intend for this to happen so made a change for this madden that you will see a player regress more naturally instead of the sharp decline due to the fact you will only acrue regression points once you hit that first year of regression (guessing 29 again).

So hopefully this means that regression won't be as harsh. But we will have to wait and see.

On a side note: WRs, CBs and HBs who hit their cap of 90 speed age regression will decline more in other attributes such as accel and agil. Reason being is they still have regression points to spend and because speed can't go any lower, it will target other attributes.
(This post was last modified: 15-08-2017 02:27 PM by Star-lord11.)
15-08-2017 02:19 PM
Find
Star-lord11 Offline

Gents,

I went through quite a few seasons of madden and whilst regression is slightly better this madden, it still has issues that I think we can manually fix. The big issues I see are:

- Age of regression, 28 or 29 depending on position is too early to start losing a decent chunk of attributes.
- Safety speed not being capped like CB,HB and WR. Makes safeties lose speed rapidly and become unusable.
- QB THP regressing too fast. In madden most of the older QBs still have good THP and cannot be replicated with current system.

Below are some options on potentially resolving these issues and making madden more sim and improving our CFM experience.

- Drop regression age to 30 instead of 28/29. Would require manual changes of all players who regressed due to age once they have turned 28 or 29. Leave regression as is for 30 and above. As it stands, I believe only RBs can regress at 28.

- Cap on safety speed. Ie cannot drop below 86/85 speed via age regression. If already below 86/85 cannot drop any further

- QB THP to not decrease until the player turns 32 (presently 30 or 31 depending on players season). We could also cap THP regression at 88 and those already below cannot drop any further. 88 is mediocre but still serviceable and could extend the shelf life of some QBs.

Feedback would be appreciated as we will likely have a poll about regression.
(This post was last modified: 23-08-2017 09:44 PM by Star-lord11.)
23-08-2017 05:39 PM
Find
Marty Offline

New York Jets
My initial thoughts are to move regression to 30. Once they hit 30 just let the game regress them out of contention. We still need those older players to become useless to make room for the rookies.
23-08-2017 06:01 PM
Find
Barnzy Offline

Denver Broncos
Seems logical. I'm not sure what madden meant by making regression come on slower. I've simmed a few seasons and 28/29 yr olds at all positions are still losing -2 accel -2 agil plus a ton of other things. Their performance did not matter.

Those physical attributes are up there in importance with speed.
(This post was last modified: 23-08-2017 06:07 PM by Barnzy.)
23-08-2017 06:06 PM
Find
arman Offline

I would suggest instead of having a speed cap to have a maximum amount speed a person can lose. For example if a safety has 90 speed, Max he can lose is 6 bringing him down to 84. If another safety has 86 speed. He can also lose 6 brining him down to 80.

This can be applied through it all not just for speed cap.

Agree with everything else being said.
23-08-2017 09:45 PM
Find