• 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rules For Madden 25
Zimmers Offline
Posting Freak

Cincinnati Bengals
Exclamation Rules For Madden 25
Rules

Free Agency
- Players signed from FA prior to Week 1 cannot be traded unless they have played 5 games.

Salaries/Resigning
- No Cut/Resigning. If you cut a player, you cannot resign him unless he is still a Free Agent after 5 advances.
- You are free to sign players to whatever contracts you want, however, beware that if you backload contracts, you are giving that player more of a bonus which could potentially
fuck you if you need to cut the player 2 years or so into his contract or want to trade him.

Changing Player Positions
- When changing player positions, you must keep them at the position swapped to for a minimum of 1 season.
- For offense, a player can only be manually subbed to their regular position for a maximum of 3 plays per game.

EXAMPLE:
A player moves their TE to FB in the offseason in attempt to raise the player's blocking stats for less XP. That player must be listed as a FB in the team's depth chart.
That player cannot be listed as a TE in the depth chart (not even as a backup). That player cannot be manually subbed to their regular position in-game for any more than
2 snaps (even if they don't have a catch/carry on that snap).

Punting
There is a glitch in coding whereby you can punt with very low trajectory and full power aiming towards the sideline. This enables the ball to bounce in bounds and roll 20-30 yds down the field before it bounces out of bounds. Generally, if the PR attempts to make a play, he muffs it. This is a glitch and is also not sim. It is now banned.
If you perceive it to happen against you, I encourage you to PM admin and that person will be dealt with appropriately.

4th Down Rules (When can I go for it)

- General play -
*Can go for it on 4th and 1 or less, any qtr regardless of score or field position.

-If down by 14 points or more-
*Anytime, regardless of qtr or field position.

- 4th and goal -
*Anytime unless up by 14 or more.

- 4th qtr -
* Anytime if losing by any margin or winning by 8 or less.

- 3rd qtr -
* Anytime inside last 2 minutes if losing by more 9+ points.

Regarding CPU Games: Don't be a cunt is the best way of putting it. Don't break records versus CPU, don't score 70+ points against the CPU, If you think it's wrong or even slightly think you bare doing the wrong thing, you most likely are! :) We don't need to have a set yardage everyone should know what is acceptable and reserve the right to punish if we feel that a breach was made.

When you are winning by 21+ points against a opponent in second half of the game take your foot off the throat. Don't be a cunt and keep passing on every down try to limit passing. Don't run the same run you have got 8 yards a pop all game, sub in some backups especially on Offense like QB,RB,WR and some guys on D. We are all here to have fun and have varying skill levels and sometimes even the best have bad games. As above we are trying to all have fun and when playing a opponent of lesser skill don't be a asshat and keep stars in game. Good sportmanship, once again we reserve the right to punish if we feel a breach has been made.

If there isn't a rule that has been made and we find out you are exploiting a loophole or just being a cunt expect to get punished no rule against it or not. That excuse will not fly anymore because at the end of the day, if you think it's wrong it most likely is. Just ask someone, it doesn't hurt to ask and keeps everyone happy!

Any Questions concerns please don't hesitate to ask. Flaps wrote a fair bit of these but I have added the last bits. If I'm missing something please let me know!

Regards,
Zimmers
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2014 02:51 PM by Pedge.)
30-12-2013 09:54 PM
Find Quote
Speedy Offline

Cincinnati Bengals
RE: Rules For Madden 25
With regard to the number of snaps per game for players that changed position, what if you have a situation like the Bengals had on Sunday?
Your first two TE's are out with injury prior to game and your remaining TE goes down during the game can you use your FB who used to be a TE as a TE for the remainder of the game?
31-12-2013 04:27 AM
Find Quote
Zimmers Offline
Posting Freak

Cincinnati Bengals
Speedy, obviously if circumstances dictate then it's a different story. This is to prevent exploitation nothing more.
31-12-2013 05:35 AM
Find Quote
Bretty Offline
M18 New England Patriots

New England Patriots
Three Quick questions / discussion points

1) May I ask an exclusion on LB's Swaps in offseason?

Ive only looked into the OLB - MLB swaps...
The only difference is cheaper Zone, the Awarness doesn't change, or any other stats change...
Hence all the 88 zone OLBs but only 1x 85 Zone MLB who was an OLB originaly.
Every1 will still play their Coverage 4-3 OLB / MLB types in their appropriate roles. Either by depth chart or R1 Substitutions.
With LB's not appling it will help even out the MLB tallent vs the OLB's

I'm not too worried as Cushing will Stay at OLB, was more just a thought about others?

2) Clarification on if Playing out of Position rule also applies also to non-position swapped Players. EG: player that are originaly by madden a FB that you leave as a FB cant play at TE, just the same rules to apply as if u changed a TE-FB.

3) An idea had been discussed in chat about Non-Playoff teams not allowed in FA bidding untill its the Left Over free for all draft.
This still on the cards?

Gridiron
(This post was last modified: 31-12-2013 09:44 AM by Bretty.)
31-12-2013 07:41 AM
Find Quote
Chadwiko Offline
Captain Idiot

Washington Redskins
Position swaps for the purpose of exploiting/getting cheaper upgrades was banned. This correctly also applies to OLB/MLB.

By all means, change an OLB to an MLB or vice versa, but you should think of it as a permanent change, not a temporary one just to get cheaper upgrades.
31-12-2013 09:08 AM
Find Quote
AdelaideCrows83 Offline

San Francisco 49ers
New punting rule:
There is a glitch in coding whereby you can punt with very low trajectory and full power aiming towards the sideline. This enables the ball to bounce in bounds and roll 20-30 yds down the field before it bounces out of bounds. Generally, if the PR attempts to make a play, he muffs it. This is a glitch and is also not sim. It is now banned.
If you perceive it to happen against you, I encourage you to PM admin and that person will be dealt with appropriately.
11-01-2014 03:23 PM
Find Quote
Chadwiko Offline
Captain Idiot

Washington Redskins
NOT ACTUAL RULES. Just my suggested amendments

Quote:General 4th down rules - (Not time/score specific)
•Between your opponents 35yd to 45yd line, you may go for it on 4th and 3 or less.
•Between your opponents 45yd line, and the 50yd line, you may go for it on 4th and 2 or less.

Rules for when you have the lead by at least 1 score (4 points or more) but less than 16 points
•In your own territory, must punt on all 4th downs.
•In the redzone, you may go for it on 4th and 2 or less.

Rules for when you have the lead by more than 16 points
•In your own territory or outside of field goal range, must punt on all 4th downs.
•In field goal range, you must attempt the field goal

Rules for when you are losing by at least 1 score (4 points or more)
•In your own territory, you may go for it on 4th and 2 or less.
•In your opponents territory, you may go for it on 4th and 2 or less.

Fourth Quarter rules
If you are losing;
•In your own territory, you may go for any 4th down
•In opponents territory, you may go for any 4th down

If you are winning by more than 1 touchdown + 2pt conversion (9 points or more);
•In your own territory or outside of field goal range, must punt on all 4th downs.
•In field goal range, you must attempt the field goal
(This post was last modified: 22-01-2014 03:17 PM by Chadwiko.)
22-01-2014 03:15 PM
Find Quote
pleavitt Offline

Philadelphia Eagles
4th down decisions based on the score is not usually reflective of real life nfl.
they base it on whether it puts them in a better position to win the game.
I would hate to lose the game by a fg when I had to kick a fg in the first quarter instead of goin for it on 4th and goal on the 2, vs an opponent who could not stop me.
The current rules and the "suggested amentments" are also too complex in my opinion. When I try and read complex stuff, its likely that i stop reading.
I understand you want to cut out ppl that just go for it on every 4th down ( like me ), given how op rushing is on short yardage.

Having a set of conservative rules forces us all to be more like andy reid (conservative) instead of riverboat ron (aggressive). no rules allow us to be whatever we like, but also allows for ppl to take advantage of op offense. Surely there is a middle ground that can be found.
27-01-2014 12:42 PM
Find Quote
Chadwiko Offline
Captain Idiot

Washington Redskins
(27-01-2014 12:42 PM)pleavitt Wrote:  I would hate to lose the game by a fg when I had to kick a fg in the first quarter instead of goin for it on 4th and goal on the 2, vs an opponent who could not stop me.

By my suggested rules, unless you are up by more than 16 points, you can always go for 4th and 2 on the goal line.

And if you are up by 16+ points, no teams in the NFL are going for 4th and 2 in that situation.

So there's your middle ground.
29-01-2014 10:48 AM
Find Quote
lakculv Offline

Oakland Raiders
If you can't move the ball 9yds in 3 downs on this version of madden you should have to punt.
Getting a stop or forcing a FG is just as important as scoring a TD, especially in a close game.
4th down rules on this version of madden should be there to balance the game as it is already overpowered on O.

I think the rules should be simplified and tightened a bit for general play.

I've got 4 rules that are simple & balanced.
They reward good D and don't disadvantage teams that are down by 2 TD's or more.

- General play -
*Can go for it on 4th and 1 or less, any qtr regardless of score or field position.

-If down by 14 points or more-
*Anytime, regardless of qtr or field position.

- 4th and goal -
*Anytime unless up by 14 or more.

- 4th qtr -
* Anytime if losing by any margin or winning by 10 or less.

I feel the current rules don't reward good D enough and reward drives that fall short.
(This post was last modified: 30-01-2014 08:21 AM by lakculv.)
30-01-2014 08:18 AM
Find Quote